24 January 2010

Long as I can see the light (updated)

Polly the cat is on my lap today. I am typing around her. Like I said she wants to be close. I don't know if she'll tolerate this finger wiggling in such close proximity yet not petting for very long.

Yesterday I finished stuffing the cat-o-pii and monkey I sewed earlier in the week. In a flash of marketing brilliance I hand stitched hearts to the front of most of the cat-o-pii for Valentine's Day. I realized with love notes in pockets it isn't a far stretch to call these little tentacular cat creatures the perfect valentine. There are a couple of cutesy pink hearted choices but also some plaid polyester hearts for the easily cheesed.

There goes Polly. She can't help it, she loves the classic pink heart.

Now I just have to get some decent photos of them. This is a skill I'm still working on. Etsy has a few articles on diy photography. They all say to take photos by a window to make use of natural light for the best looking photos, but it must be diffused to avoid glare, and you will maybe need a couple of extra lights on the other side to get rid of shadows. They say not to use flash but my no flash photos always come out worse than the flash ones so I must be doing something wrong. I have a wonky pop-up photo box I've 'made' (if by 'make' I can mean ripped a cardboard box apart and laid fabric over it). I can clip shop lights to my microphone stands. I have windows though the Oregon winter makes them hard to find ;) Just kidding. Of course I have their locations memorized.

I'll post some photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment