18 January 2010

Monday

Today is Monday. This is the day I've scheduled myself all the way through 9:30 PM. It's only 8 hours of work. But I also want to fit in some lifestyle adjustments so the day goes late.

On Monday I don't have to get out of bed until 8:30 if I choose. This is important to me as a grown up starting a business to work in things like the fact that never in my life have I been a morning person. I do not wake up to an alarm clock well. I get to make my own schedule so why not start some of my days later? Maybe it's how my circadian rhythm pulses. Late. A little slow. Yep.

First thing on my list is a choice: meditate or write in my morning pages. This time I wrote. Then it's into the sweatpants for a workout. Which was hip hop dance with Jermaine Brown. It's a great workout. I wouldn't want you to see me do it. Maybe someday I will be able to dance in front of an audience. I won't worry too much about that as a goal. It's the exercise I'm after.

After the workout I shower and eat. Then around 11:00 I start "work". Today is the first time I sewed since the 14 hour days I was working during the Holiday Market. I took a week off. I took a week to clean my fabric explosion of a studio. And I took a week to do my taxes and expand my 'online presence'. Thus the blog.

Now it's back to sewing. I love to sew, but I really had to work up some momentum to start it after the outrageous sew-a-thon-o-rama of my Holiday Market experience. It was great! I felt energized. I love the whir of my new Husqvarna sewing machine. It's so smooth. It felt nice to be back with textile and assembly. Back into my cozy studio. Appreciating how easy it is to work in the clean and orderly wonder. I have at least a week's worth of creatures already cut and ready to sew. Some Primates, a couple of faux fur Pocketderms that are going to make a mess out my studio and whatever I'm wearing the day I assemble them, and a couple of very svelte Pocketdiles. One of the Pocketdiles is red and black vinyl snake skin. Thanks to Orbital Dave for the shirt that it's new skin once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment