03 February 2010

Days off

This past Sunday was my 37th birthday. I like to extend my birthday to a couple of days at least. This year I took a 4 day weekend, sort of. I couldn't help but do some work. When it comes to my business I can't help but noodle around with projects even in my down time. I think I am the laziest workaholic of all time because when it is time to get down to business I dawdle and am easily distracted.

During my time off I managed to finish the set of 8 Cat-O-Pii I've been working on. I brought them to 3 shops yesterday. I was denied by one. The other two are nice safe consignments. They always say yes. I sold a couple of previous consignments so I got a little money. I took the money straight to the credit union and started my new business checking account! It's with moves like this that I feel like a real honest to goodness grown up. I started it with just the minimum $25.00 balance, but that is business money separate from personal money and this is a big step. Previously I would just take the small amount of cash from any of those sales and decide it was time for J and I to go get a beer. My official business plan up to this point has been 1. make the cute stuff 2. offer it for sale somewhere 3. get a little money 4. celebrate with the money. Business Managed! I understand this isn't how the professionals do it. hrmph. ok. Let's try this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment