05 February 2010

Crocodile Rock

I'm finally progressing my goal to get my product into more local shops. Yesterday I started a 'call list' of potential places. I made calls, talked to people, gauged interest, made appointments. It felt so liberating and it took about half an hour. Now I have sporadic meetings in my day planner for the next couple of months starting today. Today I go to the Redoux Parlour in the plaza on 8th and Blair. This will be another consignment which is fine. We're all in the same boat here. I can wait for payment until the creatures find their homes. The Redoux Parlour is a great resale shop with a very eccentric range of style. My kind of shop.

So I've been slowly making this red and black faux snakeskin pocketdile. The fabric is from a shirt David gave me. I know this kind of fabric has it's weaknesses but it makes such a rockin' croc that I just had to take the chance on it. Yesterday when I turned the claws the fabric split in several places...

The crocodile claws are always touchy, even with the toughest fabrics. I have to seal the seams with fabric glue and gingerly turn them being careful the chopstick doesn't poke a hole through the end of the toe.
I tried sealing these croc cracks with the fabric glue. It worked on the small cracks but the big openings like this one are a problem I'm not sure how to solve. You may already know that crocodiles have 5 toes in front, 4 in back. I want to stay true to this but the back feet never have the same kind problems as the front. I suppose I just have to expand the front foot.

I will solve the issue because this croc simply must be

No comments:

Post a Comment