15 March 2010

3D Space Out

I've been back from vacation almost a week now. I suppose I should blog. I went to visit family in upstate New York for one week. It was a great time with loads of family bonding and road trips. I also tried the Wii for the first time. I played several different exercise-ish games. It was fun to have family workout time (and unprecedented!). I'm glad video games are getting more physical.

Now I'm back to work. I have a couple of small projects to finish up. Then I'm on to preparing for the Saturday Market which starts up again in about a month.
One of my projects is kind of mind twisting. I rarely interact with Craig's list. This said, when I returned from my trip I was thinking about money and my choices. I did a quick search for employment as a 'stuffed animal designer'. I figured somebody has that job. I wonder if it's fun. I found an ad. I corresponded back and forth a couple of times with a woman named Deb. She described the project to me like this: ' a 6” diameter sphere with a 1” tunnel through the middle (a spherical doughnut). We are looking for a white, small loop/strand polyester fabric, with small polyester bead fill. A 2” thin Velcro’d opening on a surface seam should be provided on the sample.'

They paid me for 2 of them sight unseen. I looked up the company name 'SD5G'. They do work with 3D, prosthetics, and parties?!?! My project goes in the party category.

Working with the polyester bead fill was maddening. I've never used it before. It has serious static cling issues.

I devised a system involving telescoping cardboard funnels and a paper scoop that worked ok. My floor was an interesting sensory experience before the spheres were through.

No comments:

Post a Comment